Video Yuneec Views (shot with Typhoon Q500 4K)

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by Leo Bond, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Leo Bond

Leo Bond New Member

Hello!

This is my first post here. I just found this forum and am interested in learning as much as I can about drones because I often receive drones to review from various sources. I review toys and electronic gadgets in both written and video form, but with drones I am a complete novice.

I'd like to make sure that I'm focusing on the areas that are important to drone enthusiasts. For instance, is it the flight capabilities or the imaging capabilities that appeal to most people? This is just one example of what I want to find out.

Recently I received the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K and have been really enjoying testing it. I made this short video as a teaser to my full review (which I call an "overview" as they are rarely comprehensive):

The overview itself is here:

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am sure to receive more review samples as time goes on, and it would be good to know what everyone wants/expects from a drone review video. Also, any suggestions on where to learn more about drones (besides here) as I am beginning to get hooked myself now?

Cheers

Leo Bond

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    emanresU likes this.
  2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!
    So are you a technologist or long term hobbyist ? I'm just wondering why these places lend or give you quads to test?

Do you also do written reviews? Have a web site?

3. Leo Bond

Leo Bond New Member

I'm really more of a writer/blogger with a lifelong interest in toys. For the last 3 years I've done reviews of numerous toys and tech gadgets. I guess that drones just happened to fall under that heading, so I ended up getting several of them to review. Now I'm hooked! I don't have my own website yet, but I did start my own YouTube channel for reviews. I've received progressively better drones to review since then, so I figure I better become more knowledgable about them going forward so I can be of more help to people reading and watching my reviews. My main goal is to translate technical data and specifications into everyday language so that everyone, expert or novice, can better understand these drones, but sometimes I'm not sure if I even understand them myself.

LB

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    webman likes this.
  4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Well, that's somewhat my beat - that is, translating tech into layman's terms.
    I do understand the stuff - based mostly on 40 years of HAM radio, CB, computers and online work.

So do you put written reviews on BestBuy web site? On Amazon?