WLToys V959 Prop upgrade

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Individual101, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Individual101

Individual101 New Member

Hey guys,

I am extremely new to drones. I have yet to even fly one but the interest is huge. I am looking for a first drone and have been looking at the WLToys v595. Seems to be the best bang for the buck. I have been reading a lot and it seems that in the future I would be well off upgrading the camera to a keychain camera but I also heard it puts a little more weight than hoped for. I have been reading into it and it seems upgrading the props might help. Any thoughts that would help me out?

Thanks

2. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

Before you even think about modifying any UAV you need to fly one and learn the sticks........you have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

You really don't want to upgrade these toys.....believe me, you will crash, destroy or lose them before you get much chance to do so. The motors burn out after 10-20 flights and that's only if you don't crash much.
    The toy birds are great for learning but don't figure on keeping them long.

All in all, I'd say the Syma X5C (if you want a cam) probably has the best reputation in that size class.

My normal suggestion is not to even bother with cameras on the first bird or two.....likely you'll get distracted trying to get a photo, etc.
    As Ice said - just get some time in on the sticks. Even a couple of the <$20 models will do the job.
    http://www.Banggood.com/Eachine-H8-Mini-Headless-Mode-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-975808.html