Aerial Photograph Winter Snow Pics - W. Mass...

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, Dec 18, 2013.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

IMAG0140.JPG IMAG0074.JPG IMAG0050.JPG

2. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Thanks for sharing. Are you using your V262 Mobius setup for these pictures? Or your fancy new rig?:p
    My "winterized" Syma X1 carrying an unprotected #808 16B is "almost" too heavy to fly. :oops: Especially over this new powder. I discovered the X1's indirect motor drive will not relaunch/self-rescue from powder snow landings planned and/or otherwise :p .

3. webman

These are v262 Mobius pics. The Phantom has been inside for a week or so....in a light wind, I'd just as well use the v262 and Mobius (not as much $$ at stake!). I wrapped a bit of saran wrap around the Mobius and the control board - just enough so the snow doesn't directly contact them when it falls in. But the v262 is usually so well behaved that I end up landing it exactly where and how I want. The only exception to that was in very high winds...when I should not be flying anyway!

4. webman

More Snow pics - Echodale Farm in Easthampton, MA
    IMAG0165.JPG IMAG0115.JPG IMAG0095.JPG IMAG0060.JPG

il4adventure likes this.
  5. webman

Ooopps.... this one has the 2.3MW solar array in it.
    IMAG0138.JPG

6. webman

Easthampton, MA - Old Mill Town - evident in the pics are the factories, the mill pond and the housing for those who worked in the buildings. Many of the old mills are converted to modern uses like artists lofts, etc...
    milltown.JPG milltown2.JPG

7. webman

snowquad3.JPG snowquad2.JPG snowquad1.JPG snowquad5.JPG snowquad4.JPG More snow pics - snow clouds moving out after a couple inches of heavy (weight) snow.