Which app is good for drone control, Android or iOS?

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by doseamin, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. doseamin

doseamin New Member

I am planning to buy an iPhone 8P and currently hold Galaxy S7 Edge. Is there any different between the two apps?

2. Haserask

Haserask New Member

Do you know the different between iPhone and android ? The most obvious difference is that two devices cannot sync data directly. unless you transfer them with third-party software

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I think the OS depends on the particular drone company. Up until now, DJI has tended to favor Apple phones and tablets - although their built-in monitors (CrystalSky) use Android. But they have a more limited feature set and are dedicated to the drone control.

Other companies may favor Android. I currently use a Mavic Pro with Apple phone and a DJI Phantom 4 with the Android built-in monitor and both work fine.

4. Haserask

Haserask New Member

Add some .Because of the differences between iOS devices and android devices, there are obvious differences in how you operate your phone.note that some apps only support iOS devices or android devices if you want to install some app or software for your phone ,

5. Haserask

Haserask New Member

Thanks for your info

6. zamkaer

zamkaer New Member

Because one is Android and the other is iOS ,you are not able to transfer anything between two different devices.