Where's the Creativity?

Discussion in 'Drone Dreaming' started by Warin West-El, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Warin West-El

Warin West-El New Member

I'm looking to buy a drone and I'm stunned at the lack of creativity. It's like everyone is brain dead. You REALLY can't think of anything to use a drone for except record videos?

What about a drone that can deliver hamburgers or pizza to your girlfriend's house? Where's that?
    How about a drone that can hover above the backyard of the person you hate which lights firecrackers one at at time and drops them while the person is sleeping. Without blowing itself up. Where's that?

There's a lame video on YouTube of a guy with parents who obviously have too much money, that flies a drone with a robotic arm. But there's hardly any footage of the arm actually DOING anything.

I'm stunned. I want a REAL drone. Drones are supposed to DO something, not just take pictures. I'm walking amongst the living dead. WHERE'S THE CREATIVITY ?????????????

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

All we need then is the "handcuff you" drone that will take you away when you do these illegal and unethical things!

That would be truly creative.

The era of creative drones is already here - there are some which, for example, plant trees. There are 100's of other uses, many of which are being explored. ISIS is using them to drop hand grenades....I guess that is like your firecracker example.

I think the basics are best first. I would like a nice attachment to spray insecticides for residential use (Big wasps nest). Painting is harder, but it has been done. A lot of roof and other inspection is also underway. There are even companies doing things underground - inside mines.

Disney is going light shows. Lots of creativity and a lot more to come

3. Warin West-El

Warin West-El New Member

Well, first we need the YOU ARE NOT GOD drone. How did you determine that what I wrote was "unethical"? With your ethical-o-meter?

And cite the US Code that is the foundation of your allegation of "illegality".

I'm an old man (over 60 years old). I actually saw Martin Luther King speak live. And what I REALLY don't need is some person, claiming to have the power to subjectively decide ethical behavior.

Do you watch television? I don't, because it's filled with unethical behavior. Speaking of which, I just retired and MY NEIGHBORHOOD is filled with unethical behavior. And guess what? The police are NOT the answer. The police have their hands full.

Drones could be useful tools in stemming the tide of evil in America. But thank you for pointing out that as we try to do that, there will be would-be gods who will come out from underneath the rocks and make emotional claims that drones can ONLY be used in the paradigms that they deem fit.

OMG

Hey Buddy! The Federal Reserve is unethical. Try turning your attention to THAT for a change.

Thanks !

UPDATE:

As I was outside applying ant poison, which I guess, according to your standards would be unethical; it occurred to me to inform you that many of the tactics used by Martin Luther King were considered "unethical" and "illegal" at the time. In fact, the US govt. labeled MLK a domestic terrorist. Did you know that? Do the research. (BTW: I just tried to look it up and that fact has been carefully hidden. The procedure was carried out by Carl Rowan a noted journalist who was promoted to a staff position in the Johnson administration).

So, IMHO, the most UNethical people are guys like yourself who make subjective, emotionally biased pronouncements that do not hold up under scientific or historic scrutiny. A light show by Disney, the same people who are promoting homosexuality and sex by minors is NOT creativity. Fiddling while Rome burns is NOT creativity.

Creativity is drones capable of flying missions that are available to someone other than the psychopaths in the military. Would they be abused? Yes. Guns are abused as are cars and even cellphones, for that matter.

The abusers need to be severely punished. However, that doesn't detract from the NEED for drones that can do more than just sit there taking pictures.

I AM grateful for you comment, though. I was naive enough to believe that people who were into drones were balanced and non-judgmental. Thank you for waking me up to the fact that drone flyers are just as arrogant, egotistical and narrow-minded as the rest of the population.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. fxdeuce

fxdeuce Member

How about a drone that can hover above the backyard of the person you hate which lights firecrackers one at at time and drops them while the person is sleeping. Without blowing itself up. Where's that?
    This is beyond even violating the FAA's most stringent rules, and is a felony under criminal code, menacing, arson, criminal trespass and use of illegal explosives. And it's this kind of behavior that causes all the drone paranoia from non drone flyers. See how creative and ethical you can be in prison.