Aerial Photograph Spring New England Shots - stills

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, May 13, 2014.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I'm gonna fill this thread with some as I take them!
    orchardspring2.jpg orchardspring1.jpg

2. webman

A bit post-processed - depends on if you like that kinda stuff - everyone has a different eye.
    CRW_0594.jpg CRW_0592.jpg

3. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Webman-

When you indicate "post processing" what software program(s) are you using or do you recommend for the novice? I think that you have posted about this previously, but I am old and forgetful. :(

JB

4. webman

It could be any software - iphoto on the mac and many other programs have "enhance" as well as adjustments. Those are the quick and dirty. I've used Adobe Photoshop Elements for many years for my web work - it's quite good, but takes a little longer.

Pros use stuff like Adobe Lightroom, which I did use for these shots but it's not a program I use regularly. These are programs which allow control over virtually every level of light and color. For most people, the simple filters in iphoto and other such programs are more than adequate. Most photos need a little tweaking with "levels" (photoshop elements) and also a bit of sharpening. It depends on the camera. Cams like the Mobius do a lot of that stuff for you - they sharpen and make the colors pop. That's really ideal because the photos are ready out of the box.

5. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Thanks for this information. Whenever I upload one of my videos to YouTube, YT takes out the vibration. I really have not seen much difference in my original version and the YouTube versions, but I have played and edited the video with whatever program i was using before I uploaded it. I forget which/what program that I was using presently.

Again thanks for the information.

JB

6. drontastic

drontastic New Member

Really good job dude! The pics are really defined.
    Excellent photo-taking I must say. Keep them coming please!

7. webman

More Spring, New England - these are shots of my hometown (southampton) - including one of the downtown - library off to the far right, tennis courts, etc. (all downsized to 2000 wide).
    spring3.jpg spring2.jpg spring.jpg