Aerial Photograph Rainbow and Clouds at Golden Hour, W. Mass, USA

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, May 10, 2014.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

rainbow.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0299.jpg IMG_0320.jpg mttom3.jpg mttom2.jpg mttom1.jpg

jbrumberg likes this.
  2. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

I am a "sucker" for post thunderstorm photographs. I rarely see one that I do not like. Which camera are you using?

Thanks for sharing.

JB

3. webman

I used the Canon S95 written about in the article here. About $150 and the Phantom flies it.
    These were not taken RAW, and they were downsized for uploading.

4. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Thanks for the information. You might have saved me some money I may skip on the Mobius now and look into the S95 instead. Something else I can try to blame you for with the wife :p It has not worked yet, but it does give me a milli-second of respite while she processes that feeble excuse (one of the many).

5. webman

I wouldn't skip the Mobius - it takes better video and weighs in at 1/5th as much, giving you much more flexibility. It is also more shockproof. It's by far the best value going at this point.

6. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

You're saving me money and I have not even read your review yet. But the money savings part will add to the "justifications" argument and put less "onus" on you when I ultimately get the Mobius apparently.

I can hear it now….. "… :mad:And just who is this Webman character :eek:"

7. webman

Hey, she has a point! If it wasn't for the fact that the site now pays for most of my junk, I probably wouldn't buy it!

You need to come up with some spare change - when I started with the drones, I sold some old tools and other junk on eBay so I felt better about it. This hobby is worse than boats - at least you usually still have the boat after you take it out!

8. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

I have not sold my little sailboat yet. If I sold the sailboat like wifey would like (like for 30 years ;)); I would definitely have some RC pocket money. I'll have to think about this. If I do put the boat on the market I'll tell wifey that that "Webman guy" suggested it. Wifey would think positively about that "Webman" fellow (see- a promotion in her eyes). And if I sell it :(, that will definitely get you off the hook when I get the Mobius;:p, and besides I would be besides myself, grief-stricken, following the boat sale. :( I would just had to do "something" to address and fulfill that sense of loss. :rolleyes:

You'll still be in trouble with my next build- memories are "short" around this household. There is at least an excuse for my failing memory- I am old and decrepit.

PS: I am still in a little "trouble" for the second Alias purchase. Wifey does not know about the third yet. :eek:

9. webman

I figured out most of the solution - that is/was to tell her that she can buy anything she wants anytime. The "be fair" gene expresses and therefore she can't hassle me as much.

I'm not selling the boat - yet. Although I may someday get a tiny one and just haul it instead of moor it...and then just rent any others when I want to sail.

10. drontastic

drontastic New Member

Love the rainbow! You're so lucky to capture a perfect moment :)
    It's these kind of moments that takes your breath away. Thanks for sharing, Webman!!