Hints and Tips Discussion Matek PDB XT60 Connector Soldering Tips?

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by Sam O, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Sam O

Sam O New Member

Hi all, I am very new to the drone scene and wiring. I have recently attempted to solder an XT60 connector to the Matek PDB in the link below. When I connected a LiPo battery to it for the first time, I heard a popping noise which was quite concerning. I also noticed that the connector needed to be nudged in a certain way in order for power to reach the PDB. After trying to add more solder to try to strengthen the connector's bond to the board, I can no longer get power to the board no matter which way I apply pressure to the connector. I have ordered another PDB to try again. Does anyone have some tips for making a strong solder connection to prevent the connector from moving at all on my next attempt? Thanks! I'll also upload a picture of my soldering to the bottom of the board.

Matek PDB: https://www.amazon.com/Matek-Systems-Distribution-Quadcopter-Support/dp/B01EFVD4YS/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1500260353&sr=1-2&keywords=matek+pdb

Attached Files:

2. RoRc

RoRc New Member

Did you find any solutions to this problem? Having exactly the same connection problem