Aerial Photograph Hilltowns area - Western Mass.

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, Sep 14, 2013.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

A couple aerial shots I took today - Hampshire Regional High School and Littleville Lake
    high3.jpg high4.jpg highschool1.jpg

2. webman

Lake
    litte2.jpg

3. webman

Glendale Falls
    glen1.jpg glen2.jpg glen4.jpg glen3.jpg

4. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Webman, Thanks for sharing. Was this your Mobius/V262 setup? It looks like there was a little breeze on the Littleville Lake. Wavelets and wind channels- maybe around 4 -5 mph?

5. webman

Yes, all Mobius and v262.
    Actually, there was a serious 10 MPH when I was at the Dam. I had to fight the wind and didn't want to go any higher. At the high school the breeze was probably only 5-6 MPH.

As you probably know with those lakes, there can be very little breeze at water level because the hills and basin stop it - but go to the leeward end (where wind is blowing toward) and get up a few feet and it can kick up. So on a day like yesterday, that was the worse place to be. Luckily, there is a fairly wide open area, which I had sussed out on goog maps before going there!

6. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Webman, I never thought about using google to find wide open areas in preparations for my/our travels. I could bring my X1 quadcams (and "stuff") with me/us. Mountain lake winds are unique; not a good place to over which to fly a non waterproofed quad without flotation. Those mountain winds love to swirl. :eek:

7. webman

Yes, goog maps is your friend!
    You can also check the various web sites from preservation orgs.....
    http://www.thetrustees.org/

And even maps of local conservation areas.
    This is echodale farm in easthampton I took the other day. It's preserved with public and private money and has community gardens (no one was there), so I didn't even ask permission....
    echo.jpg