Video Glendale Falls Video

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, Sep 14, 2013.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Including dunking the Quadcopter!
    This is shot with a Mobius and a WL Toys v262 Quadcopter

2. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Webman- Great video and thank you. You are a brave man flying over the falls and "into" that water. So after the dunking you managed to get it airborne to dry everything out? Does your V262 fly today? Have you done any "waterproofing" pre and/or post dunking? How do you set up your Mobius/V262; not too much jello effect?

Sorry for all the ?'s.

BTW: You were out in my general neck of the woods yesterday

3. webman

Cam and v262 both work fine....

My cam setup is a joke! I will post a pic of it, but picture this - I removed the landing gear and glued a piece of heavy copper wire into each of the sockets. A piece of cheapo foam board is held on the bottom of that by poking holes in it and using rubber bands.

The Mobius is held with a couple rubber bands....

The v262, IMHO, is better for low budget still than for video. Really decent video requires a couple things:
    1. Ideally a gimbal
    2. FPV if possible
    3. A heavier quad - as this toy is going to have lots of imbalance and vibrations.
    4. Lots of editing

You can make up for some of them using the other. Editing is OK if you have a lot of video and only need a couple short scenes.

I think the waterfall came out good because both the quad and the water moves, so vibration is not as evident. I didn't do much editing on it.

I use the v262 for stills if I want keepers. I set it on 2 seconds - it has an intervalometer (timer) which allows them to be set from one every 1/2 second to much longer.

4. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Thank you Webman for your explanation, and you have given me some new application/approach ideas. I appreciate it. A picture of my very first keychain videocamera setup.

Attached Files:

5. R.J. Ackim

R.J. Ackim New Member

Amazing that you were able to dunk it and get it to take off again from the water. So lucky, or maybe it's skill?

6. webman

I didn't do a great job, but actually had tied a couple small pieces of foam to the bottom of the camera shelf.....that may have helped. The Cam needed to be dried out a bit, but worked fine afterwards.