Flying trays!

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by Macflame, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Macflame

Macflame New Member

2. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

Funny, yep.......but open propellers near skin.......stupid dangerous.

3. Macflame

Macflame New Member

Yes, it could turn out to be a very expensive publicity stunt if it cut someone!

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

5. WaikikiBob

WaikikiBob New Member

webman...I was just thing the same thing some prop guards would do wonders. But...this is obviously just a publicity stunt as even a kid new to the multirotor hobby could have told them to use prop guards. What I mean is if they were at all serious they would have known this but they "aint" serious.
    We are going to see more and more and more careless stuff and stunts as the technology and ease of flight grows. Anyone can do it is becoming true...As like some have said about this subject I suppose regulation will follow where anyone can do but it maybe they shouldn't be allowed to..thing.

6. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

The pilots "should know better", its not about whether or not regulations need to be made.....its common sense.

The first person to get injured by this type of flying is probably going to sue, then we (hobbyists that do know better) will have to deal with the consequences of the new law / regulation that will arise from the problem created by a few "ID ten T's" (spell it out ID 10 T's.).

You know the law / regulation will be made by someone who will "over-react" and we will be the ones who will only get to fly on the 6th Sunday of every month that has one, in a place that is 100 miles away from any other person / place / property, have to have a flight tower airfield, and registration numbers on all our aircraft.........

Prop guards are not the solution either........you do not fly any hobby aircraft near any person or place where any type of injury or damage may result. It is just plain common sense to not to allow Murphy's law to come into place.

Am I over-cautious.....maybe.....but why risk the chance of injuring someone or damaging someones property just so I can "show off".... I do have proper places to do that, and events too.

7. WaikikiBob

WaikikiBob New Member

I hear you. LOL at ID 10 T you didn't have to spell it out. ;)

I am with you I am probably over-cautious... I only risk other people, other peoples property and animals. Just kidding. I am always on the safe side. Still there are those that can't even spell safety much less understand it. Then there are those who understand it and just don't care. There are all types... but like you say the actions of the ID 10 T's always affect everyone else enjoyment.

8. Tablesawed

Tablesawed New Member

Another acronym comes to mind. The genius who sat at his computer all night and thought this up has a PEBKAC situation. (Problem exists between keyboard and chair). Since I do not have to pay for Yo's insurance, I get to sit back and shake my head and chuckle.