Video First Wedding Video - ALL Drone footage plus Things I Learned

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by Raincast, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Raincast

Raincast New Member

First try at a wedding video and doing it for free as a solo project. So, I didn't really direct where people go or what they did, or plan anything for that matter. I also didn't go to the reception, as I really wasn't formally invited haha. One of the bridesmaids is a friend and she "volun-told" me to do it. Any feedback would be awesome!!

Things I Learned:
    1. Drones can work handheld but may be jittery at times and even over-compensate with it's stabilizer when swinging the drone left to right.
    2. I prefer controlling with the RC rather than wi-fi because you really can't pitch up and down smoothly without the RC.
    3. Setting up a drone can take time. Swapping ND filters because clouds suddenly cover the sun takes time. Switching to 1080p for 60 or 96fps for slow-mo also takes time.
    4. Prop sounds are very audible so choose when you should fly, preferably before the ceremony or after.
    5. Drones make sounds too when handheld and running. I didn't want to bother any of the guests so I kept away if I could.
    6. Finding free wedding songs is somewhat impossible. Any sites would be welcome!
    7. I don't have close-ups during the actual wedding because I wasn't getting paid and felt bad for getting in there.
    8. Working solo can get you to miss stuff that happen only once in a wedding. I had to drive to where the bride was prepping, then the groom, then back to the bride, straight to the venue, etc. so it was a lot of work.
    9. I was starving and really had to pee the whole time. I kept holding it in because I would have missed some shots.
    10. My positioning could have been better, but I didn't want to go where the professional photographers were hanging around in.
    11. I enjoyed doing this wedding and am sure I can do a better job next time!