DJI Phantom 3 vs 4

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by George Keshushki, Sep 30, 2016.

1. George Keshushki

George Keshushki New Member

Hey guys I'm new to the forum! Wanted to get some feedback on the two drones and what you guys think are the major differences? Some sites saysthe Phantom 4 is the best deal but im not sure i want to spend 600 more dollars on a drone if its not that much better.
    Cheers!!
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Shane myers

Shane myers New Member

What will you be using this drone for?

3. George Keshushki

George Keshushki New Member

Film Student here. Want to get the drone with the better control and camera. What do you think?

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Lots of comparisons out there.
    It's really more of a budget thing. If you are tight on money the Phantom 3 Advanced is a great deal.
    If you are going to step up to the Phantom 3 Pro - you probably should either wait for a great deal or perhaps spring for the Phantom 4 - the price difference isn't that great now. The P4 is available at slightly over $1K.

But I think you will he happy either.
    The P4 is really a perfected P3P - here is a little shootout we did.
    https://www.droneflyers.com/2016/09/fall-2016-camera-drone-slugfest-karma-vs-mavic-vs-phantom-3-4-vs-yuneec/

For the extra money the P4 has the foam carry case and the computer vision as well as a slightly better lens.