CC3D is timing out

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by space-eel, Apr 29, 2016.

1. space-eel

space-eel New Member

i just baught a racing drone from amizon, flashed the cc3d flight controller and went trough set up on librepilot 32bit. the motors were responsive to my controller but when i tried increasing throttle to take off, the drone would flip immediately over, i figured the props were on backwords or something so i kept tweaking and testing and came to the conclusion that it must be a flight control issue, so i began troubleshooting the cc3d but somewhere along the lines i must have flashed the wrong type of firmware onto the cc3d and now when i try to flash other firmware onto it, i get an error saying that the board timed out and needs to be flashed manually. someone said to update the bootlogger and i have (though its labeled made in 2013). the bootlogger flashed successfully but it still times out when trying to update the firmware. when i connect the battery to the drone it does not make beeping sounds anymore, the yellow light stays on and the blue light fades in and out. i read that this means its in bootlogging mode, which leads me to believe that there is no firmware on the board just the bootlogger and that is the only function available to it but that is just my guess. also when i connect the battery, the radio reciever does not power on, i think it gets its power from the cc3d, so that suggests the cc3d is stuck in bootlogging mode and is not giving power to the radio reciever. if any of you are familiar with this issue please help, i really want to get this thing in the air.

1.is librepilot a good program for me? is there a better program?
    2.are there newer versions of the cc3d bootloader (newer than 2013)
    3.whats wrong with my cc3d?

thanks so much for reading

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

I doubt it, that's probably the biggest issue folks face with all flight controllers.

But that's unimportant now.
    Where did you find a date? I've only seen the version #, you'll need BL4, there are actually 2 versions of it.
    Try this earlier version of OpenPilot and see if you have better luck.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wp7dqhnvagz8dm/OpenPilot-RELEASE-14.01-win32.exe?dl=0

You can later switch over to LibrePilot.

Here's a rescue operation using OP. After the first go around, then try your luck with LibrePilot (he used OP again, you won't).

I assume you have read this.
    http://opwiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appendices/bootloader.html

3. space-eel

space-eel New Member

so i figured it out and im shoked. i searched everywhere for 2 days for an answer and what eventually worked for me was found in a crappy youtube vid with no narration, of all places, its as simple as plugging in the usb cord and clicking "update and erase" in a specific pattern. i was so shocked when this worked. but heres the vid. i think many people having the same problem should see this

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

You kept on insisting you had all these bizarre bootloader problems.