Ai drone freedom damage trouble shooting

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by Bubba_55, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Bubba_55

Bubba_55 New Member

hey, I am new to flying drones, so inevitably I crashed a few times... On my last crash I saw that one of my propellers wasn't spinning up properly... It won't spin if I start up slowly and if I try to gun it it will spin but it's not fast as the others, and will be leaning on that side and it is constantly going in that direction until it would hit something... I'm not shure if I damaged the Motor Or what... The drone is the Ai Drone freedom.... (I want to put a video of it in but I'm not shure how to set that up)

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

It looks like that company resells some other brands with their name on them. My guess is that it's a Syma model.

In any case, there are two or three possibilities. If your unit has gears - many of them do - make sure you completely clean the gears and use a bit of graphite or other lubricant on them. Also cleany out the whole motor area with compressed air (a straw and your breath may do or a computer cleaning air can).

If that fails to work you may have damaged a shaft in the motor, etc.
    These motors are easy to replace in most cases.

If the maker doesn't have the parts it will probably be easy for you to figure out which manufacturer makes the unit....because it would likely look exactly the same.

3. Shanetier

Shanetier New Member

My sun has an AI freedom drone the lights flash but props don't spen .The hobby shop sead it is a binding problem

4. Shanetier

Shanetier New Member

How do I binds the drone to remote?