Review or Mini-Review AEE AP10 Toruk

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by lasmariaspr, Dec 17, 2015.

1. lasmariaspr

lasmariaspr New Member

I bought this drone which I found on online and thought I found a good deal. This is my first drone and have been reading and watching videos about this drone. I am new here, and hope to find lots of good info on my buy.i haven't flied it since its coming in the mail. Any input on my purchase will be well appreciated.

2. lasmariaspr

lasmariaspr New Member

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• Capture 1080p Video and 16MP Stills
    • Wi-Fi for FPV Monitoring and Control
    • iOS and Android Apps Available
    • Wi-Fi Range Extender: Up to 1000' Range
    • Camera Tilts Down 90°
    • GPS and Normal Flight Modes
    • Automatic Return Home Fail Safe
    • Smartphone Mount for Transmitter
    • Includes Battery, Charger, Transmitter
      • 2-axis gimbal mount
      • Can be paired with AEE S71, S70, and S60 Action Cameras
      • Can be paired with other Action Cameras
      • 10-inch rotor blades for increased lift and power
      • Rotor guards for safety around objects like trees and buildings
      • High voltage 11.1V battery performance (5300mAh) enables faster blade rotation
      • Up to 25 minutes of flight time
      • Maximum remote control radius of 1,640 feet/500m
      • Maximum flight height of 984 feet/300m
      • Maximum flight altitude of 13,123 feet/4000m
      • Auto Return-to-Home feature
      • Smart direction control
      • Free switchover from manual to auto flight mode
      • Cruising speed of 22-33 mph/10-15 meters per second
      • Maximum speed of 55 mph/25 meters per second

3. Jayluc45

Jayluc45 New Member

Im brand new to this as well and i have the same drone. Ive crashed it a couple times, nothing tremendous. My father in law likes to fly drones though im not sure what he has. Looking forward to learning and eventually making some nice vids. I live on the gulf coast of florida so i hope to get some nice beach shots once im comfortable enough to not crash it in the water.

4. SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT New Member

Just got the AP10 Pro version for xmas as well. Did all the ground checks with it and it looks good, video feed and telemetry looks good. Can't wait to fly it, was way too cold and windy today for a first flight. Everything I've found on this MR is fairly positive, and as an FYI the AEE Toruk AP10 has been rebranded and sold as the following: Aries Blackbird X-10, Hitec Q-Cop 450, Veho Muvi X-Drone.

5. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Can you find spare parts for it?

6. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't look so bad - but my thinking is that, at this point in time, most photography drones in that price range have stabilization of the video. For example, the Phantom 3 Standard ($699 with backpack currently) has a fancy app as well as a gimbal and camera.

I hope it works out for you - the reviews on Amazon are not looking that great, though.

Attached Files:

7. lasmariaspr

lasmariaspr New Member

I bought extra guard propellers, they sell battery, remote, wifi, blades online. This drone can hover almost without moving. Im impressed. Practice take off and landing, as I do before doing any long flights. Get to know how the control reacts. I'm happy I bought it!

Jayluc45 likes this.
  8. Jayluc45

Jayluc45 New Member

I havent had any problems with the drone.. The app for video however is another story. I finally got everything to sync up with my phone but i cant pull the video from the sd card. Is there another program i need? I want to watch the video and pictures from the card on my samsung tablet. And thise people who said it took too long to get the drone to work before flight probably shouldnt be posting reviews about anything. Mine was in the air in as much time as it took me to get it out of the box, install the props amd put batteries in. Turned it on and sent it flying. I cant wait to get a little more profecient so i can take it to the beach and put it over boca grande pass and look for tarpon and hammerheads from above.

9. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

So you didn't bother to calibrate the compass?

10. lasmariaspr

lasmariaspr New Member

Good reply, if no GPS compass was calibrated and you turned off the control the auto return function button, would have kicked in. Then it would have been another story. This is very important.

11. Jayluc45

Jayluc45 New Member

Not that time i didnt. But this is why im,here. To learn this kind of stuff.

12. SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT New Member

Mine was calibrated but still flew away. RTH was enabled but it met with winds that it couldn't counter.

13. Darnell

Darnell New Member

14. Kingpin

Kingpin New Member

15. Kingpin

Kingpin New Member

Hi I have a muvi x-drone.I want to know if anyone knows the C rating for this battery?I need a new battery but I would like to get an affordable aftermarket battery with a higher mah that will fit and connect with xt60.Thanks

16. mannatmehra

mannatmehra New Member