WOZ and his Segway and DJI Quadcopters

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, Jul 22, 2014.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Had to share this - an Epic video - and Woz will be a good voice in helping the popular culture become more familiar with "friendly" drones.....

2. Akcobra

Akcobra Member

Woz certainly looks like a guy that's loving life these days doesn't he?

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Always has. He financed two big rock festivals back in the early 80's - Van Halen was the lead act, and they flew in and dropped out (actors) of airplanes with parachutes onto the stage - and then the band walked onstage with the chutes still on and rocked out.

Guy is one of my heroes. In 1999 I was helping out at a local boys and girls club and wanted to set up a graphics lab. I knew he had set up something like that in his garage (teaching local school kids), so I emailed him from his site and asked him whether Adobe and others had donated the software.

He wrote me back 10 minutes later and said he just bought all the stuff retail - BUT, that he would donate $1,000 to us to buy the first iMac for our lab! I ended up conversing with him over a couple months by email. I still have a scanned copy of the check!

It's amazing how small of a world it has become!