strong interference detected

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by ATLSteve, Nov 20, 2017.

1. ATLSteve

ATLSteve New Member

I was flying in an open field and I kept getting a Warning: strong interference detected. Be careful when flying long distances. What is this? Should I be concerned

I Had 12 GPS satellites?

There was two medal garage like sheds nearby (See Photo). Does that have anything to do with the warning?

Attached Files:

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

it definitely can - also, turn off the bluetooth on your phone if it is not already off.

There is sometimes a lot of metal - including electric conduit- underground.

Usually the warning should be able to be dismissed if you move a bit. If not, it could be something like high tension lines, radar installations or other things nearby. Yu can try changing channels on your rig

3. ARC

ARC New Member

The ground itself can cause interference where some places is more magnetic than other areas. Also metal buildings will interfere in radio signal propagation.

If you fly across a wide open field several times with no obstructions and there will be ( Dead Zones ) and you can pattern them fairly quick. They will effect either your FPV signal or controller signal or both at the same time.

4. Eric Lent

Eric Lent New Member

I run into a lot of "magic" interference. Depends on the place. Power lines, metal bridges between or near me, even my Jeep has interferred. Lots of times it's radio, radar, comm gear (I'm near a bay) that will suddenly switch on. But, I would agree with most that the metal building is a probable. Try a different location -- few hundred feet away and see if it helps.