Quadcopter for Kids

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by Sam_Baker, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Sam_Baker

Sam_Baker New Member

Hi all, I’m a parent and I want my child to play outdoors instead of spending long hours in front of the computer. I’m planning to get him a quadcopter with an RC controller. This article gave me an idea how this thing works. However, do you have any recommendations for RC controllers suitable for children? Children have small hands and it may also take some time to master complex functions. Do you have any specific brands in mind? Should I get one with or without camera? I’m thinking he can learn first the skills to control a quadcopter before letting him use a camera to shoot scenery. I’ve been also reading this piece on best toy drones for kids.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

You read those articles and yet you are asking us? You should be telling us!

VladTepes likes this.
  3. kingjames705

kingjames705 New Member

Hi,

there are a large number of inexpensive drones out there that are perfect for a child to learn on. Check them out on Amazon and have a look at the user reviews and see which ones are the best. This link may also be of some use to you.

4. UbiBird

UbiBird New Member

Can I just say, that I love how people are introducing drones to children. It may be a scary thought to some, but a future with drones can be extremely beneficial.

VladTepes likes this.
  5. Drone Deliver

Drone Deliver New Member

I agree with UbiBird, whilst we should precautions when it comes to safety and security, the best way to learn the right way is when you are young. This page at DroneDeliver gives some further guidance.

6. Mikeyp

Mikeyp New Member

Choosing a drone for your kids is tough because it varies by age group. I started my son out at 8 with a small drone from a local store, it was super cheap and therefore it didn't matter that much when he crashed and destroyed it a few months later. Now that he's 12 I recently got him a little bit more expensive drone with some more features like altitude hold. Altitude hold is super important because it keeps the drone from falling when they take their thumb off the left controller. You can read more about drones for kids here, this is where I started my research.

VladTepes likes this.