New Syma X8HG don't start after crash

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Tomas, May 10, 2017.

1. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Yesterday I bought new Syma X8HG drone and tried to fly it. User manual says that in order to take off you have to push the left joystick upwards, and to land you have to put downwards. So i did that - the drone took off, climbed up some 15 meters and then i decided to land it (because it was my first flight, i did not want to go crazy right away), so i pushed the left joystick downwards but the drone didn't even move an inch down - it kept hovering and slowly drifted toward a tree and crashed. And now after the crash i can't even START the drone - it's lights blinking constantly, i bind my remote to the drone by UP and DOWN move with left joystick but not a single blade starts to rotate when i push the joystick upwards to take off! calibration doesn't work either - where the manual says that in order to calibrate you have to push both left and right joysticks to the right bottom corner - DOESN"T WORK, nothing happens. tried all possible left and right joystick combinations, all buttons combinations - NOTHING. LED lights are blinking constantly and that's all.

Here is the video showing the problem with my drone:

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Who did you get it from?

3. Tomas

Tomas New Member

it was from Matthey Toys, some chinese vendor. Now the problem is solved, it turned out the the drone battery was empty. I thought that the drone's LED lights wouldn't blink at all if the battery was empty, so i didn't bother to charge it before writing this post.

4. Justin_B_Aus

Justin_B_Aus New Member

The drone lights will flash rapidly when the battery is running low, the drone will also keep about half meter off the ground and not increase its altitude as part of a safety system.