New PCB in AR Drone 2.0

Discussion in 'AR Drone by Parrot' started by IceFyre13th, Sep 17, 2013.

1. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Thanks!
    I was wondering why they seem to have not updated a lot of parts or the model #.

They seem to do a lot of promotion and PR, but may be falling behind in terms of bang for the buck. The new Blade and Walkera models can be had with GPS and return to home for somewhere around the same amount of money or less (as the AR with GPS and R/C).

3. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

I have not flown the AR in a long time, my custom builds are way more fun..............now that I discovered the Ardupilot ( http://ardupilot.com/ ) I have a fully capable flight system for the next project.

The AR seems to be losing ground with all the new birds coming out, Parrot seems to be forgetting the customer and not keeping up.

4. peynir

peynir New Member

@IceFyre13th, AR Drone are actually jut capitalizing their initial success. They’re just trying to grow by different marketing strategies and have forgotten the reasons of their initial success. There can be two reasons for it, they’re perfecting the gps auto-pilot and want to release it only once all the bugs have been fixed. This could be the only reason since I don’t believe that they can neglect R&D completely.

pcb fabrication

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. funtimegrandpa

funtimegrandpa New Member

I still enjoy flying my AR Drones, I am waiting for my IRIS which will be a lot of fun, but I still am out each day with the AR. I have one that is modified with the 2.4ghz radio which makes it such a different flying machine. And just the other day I installed the fatshark FPV and that made it really cool. I just came in from a short flight over the neighborhood, or I should say down and around the road. I went up about 30 ft and just took a slow flight around. I do wish Parrot would design some new products, but maybe they are selling enough that for now makes it profitable? They do have a minidrone coming out in a few months or less, and it has some neat features for a micro, still it would be nice to see them advance some. Anyhow I just thought I would stop in a mention my FPV flight.

Grandpa Jake