Video Nemo - Blizzard of 2013 videos with Syma X1

Discussion in 'Aerial Picture and Video Showcase' started by webman, Feb 10, 2013.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

This one is of a $35 toy quad which is flying with a $12 Keychain Cam. The other below is from the keychain cam after the snow stopped.

2. Bigfisch

Bigfisch New Member

Hi Webman. What is the brand of your keychain cam? Is it 1080p?

3. webman

I have one of each - the wide angle views (some of my vids) is the better ($50) one with the D lens. That is, it is a REAL 808 #16 .
    The one with the narrower view is a cheapo ($12) regular lens copy.

So the fancier one is originally 1280x720 (I sometimes reduce these before upload since they are not really fancy shots or scenes)...here it is:
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C16/

And the other one is a "sunplusl CPU" which is 720x480 - I would recommend it to those who want something just to fiddle with:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-3-Sunplus-808-CarKey-Camera-keychain-720-480-/150659525020

4. Akcobra

Akcobra Member

Ok I guess this is an old thread, but I just spotted it :) Curious what your setup was in the first video, I don't recognize that quad. The 808 #16 also does video out doesn't it, so it can also be used as a FPV/Video cam? I'm looking for a cheap FPV solution for my 2nd quad (assuming I ever get it flying lol)

5. webman

First video was not mine - the bottom two are.

Yes, most of the keychain cams do come with video out analog cables so you could hook them to an FPV setup. So far, my problems are with weight - most micros and minis really do fly lousy with just a bit of added payload.

I'd like to go just a bit bigger for FPV so I don't have to worry about every gram. But, on the other hand, having to do it with light weight is a neat challenge.

6. Akcobra

Akcobra Member

One that I'm keeping an eye on is the eye one extreme from rclogger. It's fairly big for a mini at 180 mm, has brushless motors, and supposedly will be available rtf with fpv for $150 or $120 without fpv. Due out next month I think.

7. webman

I like the looks of those RC Loggers also, but will wait until others are the pioneers.

I think there could be a lot more entries in the market for 200 mm and similar quads. It's big enough to carry the cams a bit easier, but still small enough that, with proper design, could be low prices and allow for inexpensive repair.