Is flying near a parked car enough to cause magnetic interference?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Eric Platter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Eric Platter

Eric Platter New Member

I was flying my Spark and it was all good , I started to get it to my home location and flew slowly within 3 feet of the roof of my truck and all the sudden it took off backwards. almost 60 feet into trees! I stopped it and flew it back higher att. and landed it. Would this be a correct guess.?

2. ARC

ARC New Member

I have experienced a lot of different kinds of interference around parked cars and trucks.

Now if you do a fly by at a good rate of speed, it is barely noticeable. But hoovering or slowly flying near one will cause some weird things to happen.

I experience mostly GPS interference, VTX transmitter interruption and onboard compass interruption. If I get too close ( within 20 feet) to a parked car with my MJX bugs 2c the GPS stops working and will try flying into the car and the compass loses orientation and the quadcopter itself becomes very difficult to control like it is in Acro Mode.

I am not sure exactly what causes the interference but I know to stay away from vehicles and I select a launch area a good 50 feet away.

3. fxdeuce

fxdeuce Member

My P4 compass doesn't like initializing on top of my car, but I have no problem landing on the roof.

4. clararscribner

clararscribner New Member

The outer shell of the alarm is full of stainless steel shell, the shock resistance of the lamp shell is strong, the 180 clear visible ultra-bright LED light emitting tube is equipped with super strong buzzer. It has the characteristics of stable work, Speed governor long service life, low power consumption, and not affected by the influence of pollutants and water.

5. jakejhonson44

jakejhonson44 New Member

Yes exactly this will happen try to avoid or not to get too close of a park car when flying a drone Eric.

6. ryanolivas

ryanolivas New Member

Haha LOL your roof is not a mechanism this will not actually cause magnetic interference tho:)

7. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

That's to be expected, I assume you have a metal, hence magnetic roof.

8. ryanolivas

ryanolivas New Member

RG i am curious what tracking device did you use?

9. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member