Review or Mini-Review iPad 9.0 Update Not Compatible With AR Drone 2.0

Discussion in 'AR Drone by Parrot' started by Rick Frye, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Rick Frye

Rick Frye New Member

Installed the iPad 9.0 update on Air and Mini. In both cases the Free Flight app is not functional as flight control app. Video display is in the upper left corner covering 25% of the screen. Controls and config are behind the display and can not be accessed.

Any word on a fix?

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

3. Rick Frye

Rick Frye New Member

Advantages of new iOS for production while traveling over the 11,000 sq. mile assigned area outweigh the need to downgrade for one app. I have a 40' Pole Aerial Photography system for live view of manufacturing and commercial facility roofs. Ground level remote view and control of WiFi camera is available via tablet. Thought this would be a means useful for the same process for 1,000 peers in US and many more on global scale. Will have to wait until Parrot steps up and takes care of customers regarding the app compatibility with iOS 9.

Apple post indicated that many problems have been reported with iOS 9. Out of 25 plus years of character for the Big A to admit anything that does not work 100%. The post advised that uninstalling and reinstalling apps resulted in positive results in many cases. I'll try the uninstall and reinstall of the Free Flight on my iPad Mini to see if positive results are achieved.

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Just noticed a lot of my regular apps- even podcasts - are burping (not working right).
    Since I have nothing on my phone that I count on I will just wait it out.