Hubsan H501S X4 - Not connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Scryte, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Scryte

Scryte New Member

I just got this drone (Hubsan Quads H501S X4) for my daughter. This is our first drone. I've read that the drone may keep on flying up if the firmware isn't upgraded. I watched the video on how to do a firmware upgrade from the Hubsan Quads site.

However, when I plug the drone into my PC (Windows 10) via a micro-USB (aka Android USB) the PC doesn't acknowledge the drone is connected. (It doesn't acknowledge that it's even attached. It's not like it knows something is attached but doesn't recognize what it is.) I've attached other devices to the USB and they are acknowledged by the system, so I know its not the wire or the USB port that's an issue.

Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts on how to resolve?

Thanks

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Those USB cables can be quite finicky. I have cables that will only charge a device, but not communicate with it. All will charge. It has to do with the 2 data lines. Do you have another cable to try? She said it comes with a cable, is that what you used?

I've seen many, many similar posts that were solved with another cable.

Have you tried plugging into the remote? Does it establish a link?