Help with new AEE AP9

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by CR125Honda, Jun 1, 2018.

1. CR125Honda

CR125Honda New Member

Hi all,
    New to the group here. Relative new to drones but been flying RC's for many (15 plus) years.

Bought what looked like a new in box AEE AP9.
    Read the instructions, watched a couple video's, etc.
    Performed the controller, accelorometer, compass and gyro calibrations.

Fully charged the battery.
    Waited for GPS signal lock.

Attempted two flights so far.
    Solid green rear light and all lights solid below.

Issue I'm having is right after liftoff, the controller starts a 2 beep (beep beep, pause, beep beep) sequence and the drone returns to the ground.

There is a tag still attached to the controller and it says 2 beeps mean a low battery.
    The LCD indicator on the drone's battery says it's fully charged before after after "flight".
    Batteries in the remote are good also.

Couldn't find any reference to this problem in the manual or online.

Anyone know what could be going on.

Would love to get this thing in the air!

Ken

Flights were attempted without a camera attached if that makes any difference.

2. CR125Honda

CR125Honda New Member

My limited research says I've got a bad battery. It show's full on the push button test but act like the voltage immediately drops to a "low voltage" as soon as a load is applied.
    When I searched for a new battery, I see they cost about they same amount I paid for the drone.
    Has anyone here built a new pack (using the case and circuit boards) for an AP9, 10, or 11?
    I found this site that has individual cells ($18 ea.) that may work..
    www.all-battery.com/Li-Polymer3.7v_5000plus.aspx

Need to measure the cells in the original battery to see what will fit in the case.