Help with naza and runcam remote

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by Matt_C, Sep 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Matt_C

Matt_C New Member

Hi all - first post here as trawling the forums for days has not answered my questions...

Currently flying a dji 450 with naza lite. All groovy and loads of fun. I’ve got a runcam split which is mostly good (Though tends to crash more than I’d like). I had been using the WiFi module to trigger photos and video but they don’t tell you in the sales pitch that the range is only about 10m. I’ve bought the runcam remote cable, which supposedly lets you trigger the shutter from your radio but I can’t for the life of me get it running. I think there’s something missing in my understanding of how the comms protocol works. Hope you can answer a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to use ‘individual’ channels directly from the rx to the runcam remote cable while also using I-bus from the rx to the naza?
    2. What, specifically is the X1 port on the naza for? I know the channel is used for gain settings and gimbal pitch but unless I’m confused, these are both internal to the naza and don’t require an output port? So far I’ve been trying to get x1 to control the runcam cable but nothings happening

From the forums I’ve seen, I may have better luck using one of the F ports instead, but they’re designed for a gimbal and if I want to add one later on I won’t be able to?

So from my understanding I have the following options:

1. Go back to PWM rather than ibus. More complex, presumably can’t use telemetry?
    2. Try and get it working with F2 port? But then no gimbal
    3. Try something else (not sure what yet!) to get x1 to talk to the cable.

I’m seeing x1 channel flip from -1000 to 1000 on the assistant software so the radio and naza are working ok. I’m just not sure what X1 output looks like.

I can’t beleive it’s not possible to have a system that uses all the designed features of the naza at the same time, while also being able to control auxiliary features (eg lights / landing gear etc?)

Thanks in advance :)