Heli-Max Voltage 500 3d question

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by gmarcucio, Feb 10, 2016.

1. gmarcucio

gmarcucio New Member

I want to purchase the Heli Max 500 Voltage 3 D drone. When I look to purchase I guess I need to purchase the controller and battery and charger separate. My question is, being fairly new to the drone hobby, what controller and battery and charger should I purchase when purchasing the Voltage 500?

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Then this is not for you. First off 500 class is very large, this is also a powerful machine that can cause considerable damage. Getting the recommended radio, battery and charger would put you at ~ $650+. Do you have a lot of quad flying experience?

3. gmarcucio

gmarcucio New Member

I purchased my first Drone exactly one year ago. I purchased the Dromida Ominus and then the Heli-Max 230 SI followed by a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus and just recently a DJI Inspire 1. With that said all of those quads are easy to fly and I still consider myself new at it. I have never flown anything like a racing quad or the Voltage 500. However, I want to, so where do I start? That's why I was looking at the Voltage 500. I also want to build a quad or hexcopter primarly just to learn more about them. Could you suggest a Kit to build one or a list of components I would need to build one and/or a RTF racing drone to purchase based on the knowledge I mentioned to you?
    Thank you,
    Glenn

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

If you are looking for something similar to the Helimax this one is a more reasonably priced alternative. But it seems that for you money is no object.
    http://www.Banggood.com/XK-X350-4CH-6-Axis-3D-6G-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-Air-Dancer-Aircraft-p-974719.html

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  5. gmarcucio

gmarcucio New Member

Yes, that is probably more my speed moving into something more acrobatic for a beginner. At age 60 I would imagine I don't have the agility as a younger person would with some of the racing and acrobatic drones now available. Also I found out that I would need to program the Voltage 500 and it can only be done with a computer that has windows version 7. I like the idea that the X350 is RTF right out of the box! I will look into the XK X350!!! Thank you!

6. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Most reviewers don't show enough of what it really can do, a taste here.

7. gmarcucio

gmarcucio New Member