Having problems

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by Chad, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Chad

Chad New Member

I bought a cheap drone for the obvious reasons but now I'm having trouble . I have flown it 5 or 6 times with no issues but yesterday as I plugged in the battery (no remote on ) one prop automatically starts running and is constant while the other 3 are still . All lights work .. I have no idea what has changed it worked fine the day before .

2. Chad

Chad New Member

Oh it's a wltoys v666

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

At first glance it sounds like a bad F/C (flight controller board)....

You should fiddle with it a little - weight it down and reconnect and then try it with the Remote and see if that changes anything.

4. Chad

Chad New Member

Ok I am really new to this ..so the board inside the drone ? and what do you mean by weight it down ?

5. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that would be a defect in the main board (circuit board) which is allowing current to go out to one of the motors.

By weight - I mean tie it down or else remove the props do it doesn't fly away when you are testing things.

But if it continues doing it I think you should return it...or maybe the vendor will send you the part.

6. Chad

Chad New Member

Ok thank you very much for your time and knowledge

7. Joe grodis

Joe grodis New Member

I had a similar problem with my Syma X8C.... The cheaper Quads use brushed motors so they rely on MOSFETs (Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistors) instead of ESC' (Electronic Speed Controllers) now.... when on a brushed motor Quad if you experience a MOSFET failure your Quad will either have a Motor that doesn't run (open circuit MOSFET) or a Motor that won't stop running (short circuit MOSFET) in either case the MOSFET for that motor is bad.

You can either replace the bad MOSFET or.... swap the main circuit board in the Quad. Sometimes the replacement board is easier to swap and pretty cheap.

My X8c had one burned out MOSFET, so I replaced the whole board for a mere $13, saving time and irritation.

Good Luck!