Cheerson CX-10W - FPV Quadcopter

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by PeteSco, Jan 13, 2016.

1. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

Hello guys, I just found this cheap quadcopter and I'd like to know your opinion.

Specs:
    • 0.3MP camera to shoot videos and pictures
    • 4CH with LED lights
    • 6-axis gyro with calibration function
    • Ascend, descend, forward, backward, turn left, turn right, hover, Left sideward fly, right sideward fly etc.
    • Battery with protective function
    • WIFI mobile control, R/C distance up to 15m
    • Switch between H/L speed
    • FPV with 3D flip function
    • It allows many people to play it simultaneously and the transmission function featured by 8 frequency points to make sure that they do not disturb each other

Photo:

[​IMG]

It's at $32.99 right now on geekbuying.

I'd like to get into FPV and this would be my first quadcopter. Is it good for a beginner?

2. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

Just found a $4 coupon which makes this even cheaper. I might actually get one now!
    For those interested the coupon is "4CX10W" (on geekbuying).

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I personally don't like nano sized copters - and adding a camera makes them even harder to control.
    I don't think you will learn anything about real FPV flying with a phone controlled toy like this.

That's my opinion, of course..

4. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

Yeah I guess you're right.. This is just a toy but for the price it might be fun. I cannot know for sure :oops:

5. JollyDroneFlyer

JollyDroneFlyer New Member

I agree with webman and additionally no prop guards mean that any contact inside will send the props flying of the quad. Also, there aren't any replacement parts, so if it goes, it goes.

6. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

Uh.. Alright I'll see around if there's anything better!

7. Zeuser

Zeuser New Member

A few things you guys need to know:

1 - The cx-10w is the latest in the model line of Cheerson "cx". The one's I know of are cx-10, cx-10a, cx-10c (camera with micro-sd) and cx-10w (Wifi)
    2 - Parts from other models are compatible with this one too. Including...

Controller: [​IMG]

Single blade guards: [​IMG]
    "Cage" blade guard: [​IMG]
    "Millenium Falcon" blade guard: [​IMG]
    Wheels: [​IMG]
    Fluorescent propellers: [​IMG]
    3 Blade propellers: [​IMG]

3 - A few buyers have confirmed that using the controllers from the CX-10, 10a and 10C work just fine. And you should use it as it's more responsive. They're $18 on Amazon. Use the phone app to view FPV and record the 640X480 video
    4 - There are !!!!TONS!!!! of replacement parts! Motors, props, bodies, a quick search on Amazon and eBay will show TONS of results! Except for the main computer board, you can find every other component online... for cheap.

A guy at the office has a CX-10W and it's great for indoors. Mine is on order from Amazon for $35. Should arrive next week. This is my first drone.

As a Toy, and beginer drone, I think it's ok.

Yeah, it's not the best but there are lots of misconceptions in this thread I thought needed correction.

8. Zeuser

Zeuser New Member

More...

CX-10C (the 10W's little brother) with simple blade guards:
    [​IMG]

cx-10c (10w's little brother) with 3 blade props:
    [​IMG]

cx-10A (10w's granddad) with wheels:
    [​IMG]

cx-10w ad showing "2.4Ghz Transmitter":
    [​IMG]

cx-10 replacement motors:
    [​IMG]

CX-10C replacemen body. It's the same size and shape as the 10W. The only difference is the slot at the rear for the micro-SD card:
    [​IMG]

Just imagine all the cool accessories you can make for this toy with a simple 3D printer. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
    PeteSco likes this.
  9. Zeuser

Zeuser New Member

10. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

@Zeuser thanks for all the info!

11. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

By the way, this $5 coupon makes it more interesting, I might actually get one at that price!
    The coupon is 5USDCX10W for those interested.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  12. PeteSco

PeteSco Member