Basic camera drone for a complete noob

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by steve_1979, Jul 19, 2018.

1. steve_1979

steve_1979 New Member

Hello from the UK. :)

I'm totally new to drone flying and have zero knowledge about them so I need some advice on what drone will be best for my requirements.

What I'm looking for a basic drone which can be used to take ariel photos. It doesn't need to be anything too fancy so long as it's easy to to use. The photos will be used for making artwork and painting pictures from. The camera doesn't need to be anything special so long as it's reasonable quality and at least 1080 resolution. I'm not sure if a camera that takes still pictures or full motion video will be best for my needs.

I have no idea how much they cost either. Obviouslly the cheaper the better and I don't mind buying new or second hand.

Thanks for your help.

2. ryanolivas

ryanolivas New Member

In addition for your knowledge Try to look also for tips in any websites or blogs that suits to your needs as a beginner in aerial photography:)

3. jakejhonson44

jakejhonson44 New Member

Hmmm DJI Mavic Pro is perfect for aerial photography ;)

4. steve_1979

steve_1979 New Member

Thanks. :)

5. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

6. kols

kols New Member

I'd recommend DJI Spark, as it very easy to fly and laso it's tiny :)

7. kols

kols New Member

8. Brian Max

Brian Max New Member

You can go for DJI Mavic, or Parrot Bebop II drone or drone x pro.
    If looking at something on the low budget yet very efficient - the drone x pro is around $99 and it's amazing.
    You can view here:

9. VladTepes

VladTepes Member

I have done a LOT of research into this lately and for your situation Steve I would recommend the DJI Spark.
    Significantly cheaper than a Mavic Pro and you aren't paying for features you probably don't need for the foreseeable future.
    Several people I know have them and rate them highly.

10. VladTepes

VladTepes Member

11. VladTepes

VladTepes Member

Hmm just realised on a hiding to nothing with that question
    He was last active Jul 25, 2018. So essentially he didn't stick around for more than one response... weird.